Telugu actor Pawan Kalyan launches new party – indtoday
Telugu film actor Pawan Kalyan Friday floated a new political party, the Jana Sena.
Pawan, brother of central minister and Congress leader K. Chiranjeevi, made the announcement while addressing thousands of supporters here.
Highlights from his speech:
- I hate the present state of politics of our country and that is why I have floated this new party, Jana Sena.
- Is Congress party like the Ganga?
- Who is Digvijaya Singh to advise me to merge with Congress?
- He made it clear that he has three kids.
- My father was a Government officer. He made one mistake, and he was bullied by the police and even his own parents. That incident changed my life, and taught me to think about others.
- My friend Raju Ravi Teja from Warangal is my support
- Reacting to TRS chief KCR’s daughter Kavitha’s comments: I am also from Telangana, but I should not ask for apology
- I love Chiranjeevi, my brother so much, but today, because of Congress High Command, we have to stand as opposition
- My primary aim was to entertain. Politics was never in my mind, but given the current political situation, I couldn’t keep quiet. Being an MP or MLA is not important to me.
- Before my fans and supporters’ love, politics is nothing. But the way the state was divided,made me very upset. Since then, I have developed this anger against politics and politicians.
- I didn’t like the way the state was divided
- I have read about the Telangana state during my school days. I have not suddenly developed love for Telangana.
- I am not against Telangana, but I will not remain silent when the self respect of people from Seemandhra are being crushed.
- Personally many politicians are very good.
- I am a fan of Jagga Reddy. If Telangana agitation was led by Jagga Reddy, the division could have been amidst distribution of sweets.
- Pawan Kalyan mocked BJP senior leader, Venkaiah Naidu
- Pawan questioned Rajya Sabha member Hanumantha Rao that whether it was acceptable for him if someone who spends with many women without marrying.
- Rahul Gandhi is not married but he is definitely not a ‘Brahmachari’
- I will talk about Rabert Vadra and Rahul Gandhi’s personal lives, if my personal life is attacked
- Look in the mirror before criticise me
- Till now, I have never commented on anyone’s personal life
- No one knows what happens between wife and husband. Nobody knows the reasons behind my divorces